Translate

Monday, July 2, 2012

There is just something we fail to see


There is just something we fail to see


(Random pic from google)

Gosh I slept whole yesterday!

For those of us who do not have the happiness or burden to be engaged or married with the love of our lives there is freedom.

Single? Hell no. Free, hell yeah!

I don’t think I’ve ever been single. I’ve always been free and available. Word single has at least for me so many negative connotations whereas free and available both resonate über well. Why are we obsessed with “getting” someone for-life or say just for a year for that matter. Were we created to mate and partner with only one for life? Two? Or few & more? …or none and be rather adventurous – search me!

I took a taxi to the airport today. You know airports. Airport is a place of re-unions and farewells. When you see people hugging each other for farewells and hugging even harder for re-unions you can’t help but wonder… Are they going to be faithful to each other? Is either one, actually, and secretly, wishing the other one to go? Go go, finally! Time for myself at last!

When you chat with your happy married and engaged friends it kind of feels they are happy but not so much as anxiously happy. They ought to be happy so they feel happy - obliged to feel happy rather. The alternative of course would be to of being unhappy to the choice one has made and promise on has given to the other. And if they were to admit they are not as happy as they ought they would or should be … it is I guess far easier to comp positive feelings than dwell on negative ones. Still, I always ask whether my dear friends are happy. And only few, very few admit they are. So why do we have this urgent need and desire to get coupled up and married.

On a side note – I know many super happy couples too. The amount of love in those relationships is just overwhelming! For those truly blessed I am so happy for!

I guess visiting any airport bookshelf un-covers one truth. Happiness is something most of us are in search for and so few of us ultimately find in our short lifetime. Many are tied by the choices they have made. Married, kids, mortgage, car loan, thrilling office job in a 1Sqf cubicle and loud and dim colleagues who would rather make you do the job given to them then do it themselves. Dalai Lama or the long lists of happiness experts remind us that there is a golden path. And that path begins by you buying their book. Doh!

Gays are happier I believe because they know far too well that nothing lasts for too long. Instead of it being our predicament, it is our most valuable asset. Being able to be content with ourselves regardless of our companionship status - it is an asset. I know we shouldn’t probably generalize. There are husband types of gays too of course. It’s I guess just the gay-world itself which makes long-term relationships hard to maintain and last. There are just too many nice guys lurking around every corner. You know, try to teach your dog that there is only one tree on which they can pee. What the f**ck!

Personally any relationship makes me feel caged. I think best type of relationship for me would be something like this:
  1. Platonic relationship with my husband who happens to be exactly on the same wave length as me. And who shares the same humor and looks so great that I want to see that person every morning lying next to me. And someone to have home dinners and go to gym with, or travel around the world in mutual understanding. And occasionally having sex if it still works.
  2. Few boyfriends with whom I would share a sex life
  3. Occasional sex partners if I happen to get bored and for the sheer excitement of it.

Anyone interested to fill in the post number one? Hahah! J

Well lying on a beach and looking for nice tanned bodies everywhere around me kind of does the trick for today. And there is one guy just opposite who’s looking straight at me. I think it’s my calling for today. Cheerio!

Fourth wire from FuckingFactory over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment